DarkSpace is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game set in the time of space travel and interstellar warfare. The universe has become a tumultuous place in the future of political infighting, economic sanctions and diplomatic posturing. All of the factions have high hostility towards one another with a few outposts staying neutral, at least initially, to determine their best interest.
Players start out as an ensign in the midst of a human civil war intensified by reports of an alien species aggressively spreading its domain throughout the known universe. Beginning with small crafts, you work your way up the ranks toward the ultimate goal of Grand Admiral, capable of commanding capital ships and planning the core strategics of your faction.
In this online universe, hundreds of players come together to forge alliances in a pulse-pounding struggle for mankind’s destiny. Mission goals will vary from pilot to pilot and completed objectives will bring favor to that faction's existence in the galaxy. The fate of the galaxy relies on your coordination with your team. In such an unpredictable universe, objectives will be obtained and rival borders will be pushed back only with teamwork on a massive scale.
Players will need to choose their ships wisely, as each ship type fulfills its own versatile and vital role within the faction. A scout will reveal enemy positions as it lifts the fog of war, while combat-equipped heavy cruisers tear into the enemy forces with relentless speed and force. Planetary invasions are carried out with high-capacity infantry transports, and subsequent security is insured by engineering ships that rebuild and stabilize the planet's buildings.
With all of its influential forces acting as one, the universe of DarkSpace continues to evolve. In the opening moments of gameplay, the dominant factions are human with a mysterious and advanced alien species silently closing in from the galactic rim. In the meantime, neutral and radical bodies with agendas of their own will force players to deal with the circumstances they create within their own borders.
- Featuring 3D accelerated graphics using PaleStar's proprietary Medusa engine!
- Command over 18 unique spacecraft and installations from the three warring factions!
- Dynamic stereo rendered environmental sound, ranging from the crackling hum of alien particle beams splitting 5-kilometer capital ships in half to the frantic radio distress calls from allied ships on the verge of destruction!
- Massive planets, asteroid fields, orbiting moons, brilliant stars, wormholes, and black holes rendered in beautiful detail!
- Real time particle systems showing ship damage, torpedo impacts, nebulas and various other gorgeous effects will startle the senses!
- Players subscribe and participate in massively multiplayer world shattering campaigns, receive dynamic content updates of new ship types, new races, technology, and strategies that will make the game virtually replayable.
- Global Ranking boards keep an active career report on players: tracking ranks, achievements, kills, campaign wins and a host of other statistics and accolades, such as Merit badges, medals and commendations. Subscribing members only!
- Team play capability supporting anywhere from 1 on 1 skirmishes to an all out 200-player grand scale war with a full host of capital ships, frigates, interceptors, multi-atmospheric bomber squadrons, orbiting battle platforms, stealth craft, marines boarding ships and assaulting planets. Zero- G commando units and over 25 unique weapons systems with each faction having its own specialized weapons!
- Use the intuitive command system to send orders to subordinates, allowing player-to-player communications with a click of the mouse. View your ship status from the Engineering window, setting repair priorities and viewing the state of ship's systems and weapons!
- The game play supports a variety of skill levels. New players will be commissioned on a smaller, less complicated craft learning how to handle basic tasks and eventually gaining prestige and rank to take on more responsibility and command!
- Various victory conditions in different scenarios will challenge even the most skilled players allowing a multitude of strategies and attacks. Intuitive control allows players to set waypoints, pre-plot hyperspace travel routes, and move fluidly through the universe!
- The Fog of War requires stealth and scouting to know the enemy's location and win the battle. Spies can raid enemy installations and gather valuable intelligence on fleet locations and technology. Spy drones can be attached to enemy ships to intercept valuable enemy communications!
- Over 49 types of versatile starship enhancements, ensuring each player becomes a vital team-member!
When you download DarkSpace, you get the entire game, but you do not have access to all aspects of the game without paying. This is motivation to subscribe. Players who have not paid are in [DEMO] mode. This means that their accounts are limited in what they can do.
- DEMO players are allowed to play on Red-diamond servers only.
- DEMO players can gain rank while playing, but cannot utilize any of that rank. Thus, though you may have enough points to be considered a Captain, if you have not paid, you will only be able to fly Midshipman ships.
- There could possibly be restrictions to certain factions, though this is currently not the case.
There is currently no limit on how long you may stay in DEMO mode. To activate your account fully, you must subscribe.
Suscribers will be able to gain rank and prestige as calculated by all your player profile stats. A player with a demo account will only gain stats and badges, but won't advance in rank. As you advance in rank you will be able to select from a larger number of bigger and more powerful ships.
The MetaVerse is a persistent online universe. It consists of different game servers (and thus, star systems) linked together via Jump Gates (though you can fly between stars manually as well - Jump Gates are not required). The state of the servers is stored in a database so that they remain always online and persistent. Thus, planets captured by a fleet or player remain controlled by that faction until another faction attempts to capture it. The MetaVerse is generally considered more challenging due to the heavy defensive buildup on all the planets, as well as the advanced modifications on nearly all ships. It can also play slower, as planets are more fortified than in the scenario servers.
PaleStar runs the only official MetaVerse, player servers with Ladder enabled are not allowed. If you would like to run your own MetaVerse you can. The ladder option, when enabled, means that players can advance in rank and prestige on the server.
A primarily First Person Perspective SpaceShip based game, this has persistent assets and resource collection, as wella s building and many other RTS elements. Certain to be tested by us, this game looks like a successful blend of the two game genres.
Darkspace is available with a 14 day Free Trial. Subscriptions thereafter are:
Darkspace Monthly $9.99/per month
Darkspace 3 Month $26.95/3 months
Darkspace 6 Month $49.95/6 months
Once you've selected to pay through BIBIT, PayByCash, or PayPal, further screens will guide you through selecting a payment method and entering any additional information required to process your subscription.
Depending on the payment method, it may take several days for the payment to be processed and your account to be marked as subscribed, but usually the wait is much shorter.
Any player, new or veteran, who is currently unsubscribed has a [DEMO] flag on their account (shown on the Caption bar which is the bar with the name you're logged in as, your status, account flags and how long you've been online).
When you subscribe and your payment is successfully processed by the billing company this [DEMO] flag will be replaced by [RELEASE], marking you as a subscribed player. NOTE: Coupons and referral credits from other subscribed players also count as a paid subscription, just with a shorter period of play time.
If you have made progress towards your player stats (Ships Damaged, Planets Captured, etc.) these stats will be calculated into your total Prestige, which in turn is what your Rank is based on. This calculation will happen the first time you join the Metaverse, Admiral or Newbie servers after subscribing.
If you choose not to resubscribe when your subscription runs out, your account flag will change back from [RELEASE] to [DEMO] and you will be demoted to Midshipman rank with 0 prestige. You WILL retain any and all progress made on your profile stats, and the next time you subscribe your rank and prestige will return.